Conference Terms & Conditions
The party you are contracting with is Nettle Hill Ltd (“the Company”).
The Management has the authority to amend these terms and conditions in writing at their discretion.
Provisional numbers will be established at the time of booking and Nettle Hill reserves the right to stipulate a minimum number to be charged for the event.
Final numbers, which will at least be equal to the min number, must be confirmed at least 7 days prior to date of arrival.
Where no confirmation of final numbers is received before the said 7 days, Nettle Hill is at liberty to charge for the number on the signed booking form.
Charges will be calculated on – the actual number attending, the last confirmed number or the stipulated minimum number whichever is the greater.
All details and amendments must be confirmed in writing by letter, fax or email.
The Conference Centre reserves the right to change a designated room after appropriate consultation if the agreed minimum numbers are not to attend the event. This does not affect any minimum charge.
To confirm the booking a non refundable deposit of 50% of the overall cost of the event must be paid.
All payments are due 7 days after the event has taken place.
Cancellation by the Customer
Should you cancel your booking a charge will be made according to the guidelines below.
Costs incurred for any equipment hired by Nettle Hill on your behalf will be added to any cancellation fee.
Cancellation should be confirmed in writing by letter, or email.
The following %’s of the booking fee will be charged on cancellation: -
10% - if cancellation occurs within 3 months prior to the start of event.
20% - if cancellation occurs within 2 months prior to the start of event.
40% - if cancellation occurs within 1-month prior to the start of event.
80% - if cancellation occurs within 2 weeks prior to the start of event.
100% - if cancellation occurs within 1-week prior to the start of event.
No charge will be made if cancellation occurs over 3 months before any event.
A £75 + VAT fee will be charged for any change of date that occurs within 4 weeks of your event.
Cancellation by Nettle Hill
Nettle Hill may cancel the booking at any time and without any obligation to you in any of the following circumstances:
If Nettle Hill or any part of it is closed due to fire, alteration or re-decoration.
If you become bankrupt or insolvent or enter into liquidation.
If you are more than 30 days in arrears with payment to Nettle Hill for previously supplied services.
If the event may, in the Managements reasonable opinion, prejudice the reputation of Nettle Hill.
If, in the view of the Management, your organisation has infringed the Company rules or behaved in an unreasonable manner on a previous occasion subsequent to confirming the booking.
Please safeguard your property. Nettle Hill will not accept liability for loss or any damage to property or death or illness of or injury to persons unless caused by the Nettle Hill’s negligence.
Unless Nettle Hill is liable as referred to in (a), you will indemnity Nettle Hill from and against any and all liability to loss of or damage to property or death or illness of or injury to persons and against any and all claims, costs, demands, proceedings and damages arising there from, as a result of the event.
You are advised to consider your insurance cover in respect of (b) above
No signs, displays, posters or other material may be fixed to the walls of Nettle Hill without the prior authorisation of the management.
Pets are not allowed in the buildings or grounds with the exception of guide dogs.
The Company will happily return any left items but will charge an admin fee of £5 in addition to the postage.
Room hire is based on 4-hour blocks and the Day Delegate rate is based on 8 hours. For any bookings exceeding the 4 or 8 hour blocks, the Company reserves the right to levy an extra charge of £50 per hour.
Wedding & Events Terms and Conditions
1. Any complaints arising from the day must be made in writing 7 days after the event. After this time, no further correspondence will be entered into.
2. Anything agreed between Nettle Hill and the customer must be agreed in writing between the two parties.
3. The Customers under legally binding contract obligation to honor the booking which has been confirmed on the contract.
4. Where there are two or more named customers on the contract then the lability of those individuals shall that of co-obligors and they shall be jointly liable for the obligations and labilities of the customer under this agreement with Nettle Hill
Pricing and payment terms
1. A nonrefundable deposit of 20% of quoted price is required to secure and confirm a wedding reservation. Cancellation of the booking will result in the deposit being held.
2. The hirer shall state the approximate number of guests expected to attend the event at the time of the booking. Final numbers, access requirements & Menu Choices must be confirmed 30 days prior to the event.
3. Install payments of the following apply after confirmed booking
a. 30% of overall payment due to be paid 6 month prior to the wedding date.
b. 30% of overall payment due to be paid 2 months prior to the wedding date.
c. 20% of overall payment due to be paid 1 month prior to the wedding date.
4. All prices are subject to change without notice 30 days prior to the event unless previously confirmed in writing.
5. VAT is excluded in our prices at the current rate. However, prices are subject to change due to VAT increases or decreases based on the date the event is to be held.
6. The customer must provide Nettle Hill with credit card details 14 days before the event to cover the cost of an extra services or any additional charges that may be incurred after the remaining charges have been paid.
7. We accept all debit cards, bank transfers and credit cards.
8. Any extra services provided on the day must be paid on departure
Times for Hire
9. The venue will be made available to the customer and their guests at a time agreed with the venue and detailed in the contract. The customer must ensure that all guests and the customer have vacated the venue at the agreed time detailed on the contract.
10. Subject to the availability the venue will be made available to the customer for 2 hours the day before the wedding for any set up requirements at the normal time of 2pm-4pm unless otherwise agreed in writing.
11. Nettle Hill are the sole providers of alcohol and catering to the venue and therefore will not accept any outside caterers or alcohol consumption on the premises, if alcohol is found the customer will be charged a corkage and the alcohol will be confiscated.
12. All bookings will end at the time agreed in the contract. Failure to observe the time may incur an additional charge at Nettle Hill desertion
13. Last call for drinks will be at 24:00. Venue closes at 01:00.
1. If the customer cancels the event they are liable to pay the below cancellation fees
2. The customer must notice the venue in writing of any cancellation
3. Cancellation of a confirmed booking will result in the following fees: -
a. 40% - if cancellation occurs within 6-month prior to the start of event.
b. 80% - if cancellation occurs within 2-months weeks prior to the start of event.
c. 100% - if cancellation occurs within 1-month prior to the start of event.
4. A £500 + VAT fee will be charged for any change of date that occurs up to 2 months before the event.
Damage and liability
1. The customer is liable for any cost incurred by the venue including three party in respect of the cancellation by the customer of the booking
2. The customer shall pay for any loss or damage to any part of the venue or any fixture, fittings and equipment which is caused by the customer or their guests or contractor.
3. The customer and its guests and contractors must comply with venue requirements all reasonable requests of the venue staff and all requirements of law including health and safety and fire regulations and with the requirements of the Licensing Act 2003
4. Prior consent of the Nettle Hill management must be sought for any entertainment or services contracted for the function
5. by the client. Nettle Hill reserves the right to judge unacceptable levels of noise or behavior of the client, guests or
6. representatives and the client must take all necessary steps to correct. In the event of failure to comply with management
7. requests, Nettle Hill reserves the right to terminate the contract and stop the event without being liable for any refund or
9. Where the customer employs outside contractors it is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that the contractor adheres to all statutory requirements and all reasonable requirements of the venue.
10. Nettle Hill will not be responsible for any loss or damage to any property belonging to or brought onto the premises by
11. any person, including motor vehicles and their contents, and is not liable for any injury or any loss or claim by or to any
12. person on the premises.
13. Nettle Hill will not be responsible for any loss due to mechanical breakdown, failure in electricity supply, fire, flood,
14. Government restriction or act of God which may cause the premises to be temporarily closed or the event interrupted.